Pumpkin Apple Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Libby’s canned pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
Chocolate Chip Variation:
- Instead of apples use 1 cup chocolate chips
Low Fat Variation:
- Substitute 1/2 cup applesauce for the oil.
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease or paper-line 24 muffin cups.
COMBINE flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine pumpkin, eggs and oil in medium bowl; mix well. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in apples or chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling three-fourths full.
BAKE for 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool slightly.